• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

18 years logistics experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Cowling

i noticed a trainee job for db, it said must have proof of A- C qualifications, trouble is i have been left school since 1999 and no longer have access to the files, but i have been working for wincanton logistics for 18 years, driving MHE and now i work in a transport office, don't know if that will help me on the application form? i have all my certificates for any training done through wincanton.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

In my experience no. I think it’s more of a tick box exercise, do you have x qualification or equivalent and the certificate to prove it.
I’m guessing that companies are now expecting potential trainees to have level 3
Key skills so they don’t have to pay for the additional training and they companies can take advantage of the apprenticeship grants.
It wouldn’t be surprised if this becomes standard across all tocs / focs soon

Teddyward

You can apply to each exam board for a certified statement of results. It costs a bit but worth it if you can’t find your original certificates.

Chumba

Try the school where you took the exams. I left school in 1983, and last year I needed mine. I contacted my school and they didn’t have them as they had recently disposed of them, they only had results back to 1985. Point being your school my still have them as they do keep them for quite a while. If not the exam boards will supply them, mine only took about a fortnight, can’t remember the cost but wasn’t too excessive.

Stigy

Established Member
The grades required, as others have suggested is just a tick box exercise. Because it’s an apprenticeship, candidates have to have grades A to C at GCSE level in English and Maths. It’s not technically a requirement to be employed, as you can gain these easily through certain tests, however I believe DB will require them?

Status
Not open for further replies.