• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1857 Paddington to Plymouth (31/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

83G/84D

Established Member
Service struck a tree at Hemerdon near Plymouth last night.

Leading cab reported as badly damaged and driver hurt, thankfully not seriously.

Laira pilot 08644 rescued train and hauled it to Plymouth station.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jannerdunk

Good to hear, nobody has been hurt. My understanding is that there's been a large programme of cutting down / back lineside trees in the area to try and avoid these incidents.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
43195 Cab crushed and driver injured but not known re condition of driver. Hopes for a speedy recovery. I'm not sure if this is one of the Power Cars due to go off lease off hand.

Last edited:

On Moderation
43195 Cab crushed and driver injured but not known re condition of driver. Hopes for a speedy recovery. I'm not sure if this is one of the Power Cars due to go off lease off hand.
43022 was reported on the TGS end of this, so was the set in reverse formation?

Edit, confirmed that 43195 was leading.

43195 is a Porterbrook power car so is one of those with no home after it is off-leased from GWR.

Last edited:

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Learnt from another Forum that driver was treated by paramedics at scene and no further treatment required so that's good.

Ash Bridge

Established Member
The cab does look to have stood up very to the impact, but obviously not a very pleasant experience for the poor driver, I send my best wishes to him for a speedy recovery from what must surely have been a rather traumatic experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.