• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1863 and All That!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afternoon All,

I have just spent a splendid week in North Wales which included the Ffestiniog Railway's superb '1863 and All That!' Vintage Gala weekend. I took lots and lots of pictures and the first selection is now on Flickr. This is the first one if anyone would like to have a look :

RD8471. BLANCHE at Boston Lodge Halt. by Ron Fisher, on Flickr

As usual, clicking on it will enlarge it and take you to the others.

I've still got a few captions to finish, but I expect you will know what you're looking at.

Hope that they are of interest.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Morning All,

I have now added a second batch of pictures from the '1863 and All That!' Vintage Weekend to Flickr. Here's the first one and, as usual, clicking on it will enlarge it and take you to the others :

RD8437. PALMERSTON at Minffordd. by Ron Fisher, on Flickr

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Shrub Hill

I don't normally comment on people's photographs but something about this whole set really appealed to me! terrific lighting in some of those shots, they all came together to tell a story and you captured the whole event incredibly well! Thank you for sharing

I don't normally comment on people's photographs but something about this whole set really appealed to me! terrific lighting in some of those shots, they all came together to tell a story and you captured the whole event incredibly well! Thank you for sharing

Thanks for your kind words. I've still got lots of pictures to add, so watch this space...
Evening All,

If anyone is interested to have a look, the third batch of my pictures from the Ffestiniog Railway's '1863 and All That!' Gala is now on Flickr. This includes further pictures from the splendid night photography session that the Railway laid on for us photographers.

This is the first one in the Photostream :

RD8464. LINDA and PALMERSTON at Porthmadog. by Ron Fisher, on Flickr

Hope that they are still of interest.
Evening All,

Another batch of pictures from the '1863 and All That!' Gala is now on Flickr if anyone would like to see them. They are pictures taken on the Saturday and this is the first one :

RD8515. England Line-up. by Ron Fisher, on Flickr

Afternoon All,

The final batch of pictures from the Sunday of the '1863 and All That!' event is now on Flickr. Here's the first one in the Photostream :

RD8622. Gravity Train departing from Tan y Bwlch. by Ron Fisher, on Flickr

They can also be found in this collection :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/train-pix/sets/72157637204300296/

I am now looking forward to next year when the Railway will be celebrating 60 years of preservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.