• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1972TS Refurbishment Progression

RacsoMoquette

Hi all, I created this thread for information regarding when the first fully refurbished 1972TS will enter service complete with Dot Matrix displays, Wheelchair Bays and LED lighting? as quite a few of the fleet have gained new RVAR compliant door grabrails, LED lighting and some have wheelchair bays, but none have had the new Adrian Heiett DVA and dot matrix displays as of November 2023.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RacsoMoquette

It is now April 2024, and I have still not heard a peep from anybody From TFL or externally regarding when the first fully refurbished train of 1972TS will enter service? Surely the wait is almost over? Units with Wheelchair bay and door grabrail RVAR modifications re-entered service in December 2022, and since then, a constant stream of units with LED lighting have trickled in to service. However without PIS displays, if anyone could relay any information to update if this program has been delayed, or still in due course? I saw a Youtube Video of a Referbished 1972TS complete with new PIS system along with the mentioned mods, however I watched that video in Nov/Dec 2023? I wonder what is going on with said unit currently?

xtmw

Work has started on this. Some trains have been fitted with LED lighting as you said, this includes the addition of wheelchair bays and additional grappoles. This is expected to be completed by mid-2025.
Work will then begin to improve the DVA system (which includes the addition of dot matrix displays). This includes more manual messages available to the driver. They plan to fit at least 3/4 of the fleet by mid-2026. I was last told this information at new year so it might have changed. I note there is already a thread on this though.

Is Adrian H the man who is used on the CLIP train ?

xtmw

If I had a penny for everytime the DVA was changed on the 92s I'd be a rich man

ballas

"Supposedly"
Let me break it down for you - supposed = according to what is or was said, claimed, or believed by some.

Therefore my question is who are the 'some' you are basing your comment on (aka your source...). Or is it just a random statement with no basis? :)

rebmcr

Established Member
Let me break it down for you - supposed = according to what is or was said, claimed, or believed by some.

Therefore my question is who are the 'some' you are basing your comment on (aka your source...). Or is it just a random statement with no basis? :)
Sorry @kacper but I must agree with ballas here, your post has absolutely no credibility unless you provide a bit more explanation.