• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1P91 Euston - Blackpool North

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regeff

I'm intending to travel to Blackpool North from Euston on 31 July (a Wednesday). The 1036 direct train (1P91) is not shown on the VT or NRE websites (and does not appear on Real Time Trains) if I do a search for that date. A search for a random earlier date (3 July) does, however, show it as running.

A check on Real Time Trains of just the reporting number shows 1P91 as running SSux from 20 May - 13 December.

Is it wishful thinking on my part to hope that 1P91 will reappear on 31 July if I am patient?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
RTT shows Euston-Glasgow services diverted via Manchester that week so I suspect there is midweek engineering work which probably explains why there is no direct Blackpool service.

louis97

Established Member
A check on Real Time Trains of just the reporting number shows 1P91 as running SSux from 20 May - 13 December.
These dates purely show that the train has a schedule to allow it to run between those dates. It doesn't mean it will run on all those days, it can be amended on all or none of the days inbetween, you will need to check the days individually. If you go into advanced mode and select "CAN" on the filter this will allow you to see whether it has been cancelled on a given day.

The Planner

Veteran Member
16 day block of the WCML for Acton Grange, the direct Blackpools are cancelled. I suspect your best bet will be the Glasgow train and change at Preston.

Regeff

RTT shows Euston-Glasgow services diverted via Manchester that week so I suspect there is midweek engineering work which probably explains why there is no direct Blackpool service.
Thanks - hadn't thought of that! It explains why it takes three hours from Euston to Preston on the 31st.

Status
Not open for further replies.