• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1Y41 failure at Denham - 09/10/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

CR165022

1Y41 (1511 Oxford-Marylebone) failed at Denham earlier this afternoon, and its been there for over an hour now, so i was wondering, what could be so wrong with the unit for it to block the line for so long?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
I was waiting for them at Wembley Central. Both 165s were required so I was happy to wait.

It turned into a 5Y41 at around 17:35, the PIS still showing "delayed" when I left at 17:39.

CR165022

I was waiting for them at Wembley Central. Both 165s were required so I was happy to wait.

It turned into a 5Y41 at around 17:35, the PIS still showing "delayed" when I left at 17:39.
Theyre currently on their way up to Aylesbury Depot

sammyg901

I noticed an Aylesbury-Marylebone terminated at Denham Golf Club by the looks of RTT, was that unit used to rescue ?

Established Member
Wondering if I can get any compensation for this? Probably worth an email to Chiltern on the grounds of goodwill, given I sat at Wembley Stadium from 16:21 or so, until 17:39 when I eventually gave up and left. I stopped for food and drink en route to Wembley Central so can't exactly claim delay repay

CR165022

I noticed an Aylesbury-Marylebone terminated at Denham Golf Club by the looks of RTT, was that unit used to rescue ?
Nope, nothing rescued it, the service from Aylesbury went back up to Gerrards X to form a Oxford service, and then the affected units made their own way back up after being fixed

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Wondering if I can get any compensation for this? Probably worth an email to Chiltern on the grounds of goodwill, given I sat at Wembley Stadium from 16:21 or so, until 17:39 when I eventually gave up and left. I stopped for food and drink en route to Wembley Central so can't exactly claim delay repay
Did you hold a ticket bought prior to the disruption being known about?

Did you ultimately make your journey at all?

sammyg901

Nope, nothing rescued it, the service from Aylesbury went back up to Gerrards X to form a Oxford service, and then the affected units made their own way back up after being fixed

Interesting, thank you. Bit of an unhospitable place to be dumped off ! Sure the passengers weren't happy if the moans I've heard terminating at Harrow-on-the-hill a couple of times recently for the Met have been anything to go by :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.