• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

2 56/3's at Hitchin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yummy125

Very sad to see the 2 loco's being stored again, why can't NR take them back & use them.

mbonwick

Established Member
Apparently the administrators aren't very hopeful of paying off Jarvis' debts.

They reckon they might only get 10% of the true value of the rail assets, and it may take till 2013+ to shift them all.....

GNERman

Established Member
well apparently the 56's are over £600,000 EACH and I can't really think of anyone that will want them...

well apparently the 56's are over £600,000 EACH and I can't really think of anyone that will want them...

Thought they had already been purchased? Sold for £100,000 apparently (for both).

I'd be interested to know what the future plans are for 56311/312 at Washwood Heath as they've not worked a freight since April and their last working was a Pathfinder tour at the end of June.

GNERman

Established Member
weren't they on loan to Colas Rail? although now they have the 66's there's probably little use for them there...
as for 301/302 I hadn't heard that before BUT there were rumours that BARS had bought them for possible Coal Trains from Wolsingham...

Crossforth

Established Member
weren't they on loan to Colas Rail? although now they have the 66's there's probably little use for them there...
as for 301/302 I hadn't heard that before BUT there were rumours that BARS had bought them for possible Coal Trains from Wolsingham...

Who are BARS?

GNERman

Established Member
British American Railway Services.

They own the Weardale and Dartmoor Railways as well as RMS Locotec and Devon and Cornwall Railways.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Please refrain from the personal insults, thanks

GearJammer

I read in one of the railway magazines that the value of these two locos has dropped now that DB Schenker have placed ALL there 56's for sale........ time to pick up a bargain ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.