• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

2 car GWR IET`s running around Slough area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master29

Established Member
My daughter regularly commutes between Slough and Reading and knows something of types of rolling stock. This given that she has a slightly nutty father who definitely does.

She says between 7 and 8 yesterday morning she saw what she thought were 2 IET driving trailers coupled to 2 further driving trailers making a 4 car IET. This she says was coupled to a 5 car unit. It`s possible I thought but never known of it myself.
She says they were definitely electric and given the only other GWR electric unites around there are the 387`s and she knows them. Is this true or is there something I don`t know.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Master29

Established Member
Definitely not possible. Sure it wasn't a green liveried Turbo mash-up?
I thought that but she goes on those to Basingstoke so she does know them. I now think she may have just thought she saw what she did. It could have been 2 different trains parked alongside each other and from a certain angle that may appear to be what she could have seen.

rebmcr

Established Member
It could have been 2 different trains parked alongside each other and from a certain angle that may appear to be what she could have seen.

That's what jumped out at me as the obvious possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.