• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

2021 Pocket Map is on eBay! So excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Yes - Genoa's narrow gauge, funiculars, etc, are great. But I needed an actual physical map of the system - including the buses - so as to find my way round and plan outings. Getting around the city - which is quite large - without efficient use of buses didn't seem an option, especially for anyone finding walking long distances in a very hilly city difficult. (I was there to visit the city itself, not just be a transport nerd - in that case I might not have been so interested in the buses.) I think there are more than 100 bus routes in the conurbation; so even if I could have found a map of the system online, which I couldn't, it wouldn't have been possible to print out a useable version myself. Without a bus map to use, I gave up trying to get around and left for somewhere more visitor-friendly.
I feel your frustration - it's almost a case of why wouldn't the operator, which I take to be the city council, produce a map of the routes, unless they don't want tourists to use them? I suspect that TfL top management now have this attitude, including at least some of those nominally in charge of the bus network. Get them on to the trains, even in those areas where TfL run few, is the subliminal message.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.