• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

21C113 but where?

carlwebus

I have come across this interesting photo in a job lot I bought at local auction.

Now, I know it to be 21C113 Okehampton.

I know it was taken between October 1945 when it was built at Brighton and June 1947 when it received its name BUT does anyone out there have any idea of WHERE this image was taken? I guess its West Country somewhere on the ex LSWR lines as the loco was initially shedded at Exmouth Junction until January 1948....

34013.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

carlwebus

Bonnie Dundee?

Don't think its single track - look past the right hand front bogie...

I was hoping the coaching stock might give a clue but its a proper mix.

Bonnie Dundee?

Don't think its single track - look past the right hand front bogie...

I was hoping the coaching stock might give a clue but its a proper mix.
Unbelievable. I got new specs at 12.45 so they appear to be a complete waste of time.
Correct re Bonnie Dundee. No need to guess where I was brought up but I believe Bonnie Dundee was a person (Claverhouse) and not the city. Apparently Dundonian George Galloway a councillor at the time tried to get Dundee twinned with Beirut during their war but was turned down due to the state of Dundee.
Sorry, off thread.

Yes, Dawlish Warren. It'll be one of the regular SR loco workings via Newton Abbot for crew familiarisation - the GW had similiar via Okehampton - in case of disruption. GW stock.

carlwebus

Everybody responding seems to be named after locos! Maybe I should rename myself J15?

But thank you both .