• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

23.52 Manchester-Sheffield

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikestone1952

On Wednesday I was waiting for the 21.17 to Crewe when a bloke came up to the station staff and asked for a service to Sheffield and then changed his request to Doncaster. The girl asked someone over her radio and was told there was no service.
'
I was in two minds as to whether to butt in and point out there was a 23.52 Manchester-Sheffield, so he could at least get that far, and didn't in the end.
;
However after I got on my train I tried the NR journey planner and it didn't seem to offer the 23.52, only split ticketing via Manchester and Leeds. It seems to work OK next week when it is diverted via Totley.
;
As an aside the bloke wandered off he was telling someone the Glasgow train had been late, which had missed its legitimate connection - if he had told them that presumably it would have have been Manchester and a cab, assuming he had a ticket.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

oddiesjack

I am assuming that this was at Preston station.

I think the correct course of action would have been to have stayed on the delayed Glasgow-Euston train (or got back on it) until Warrington Bank Quay, where he would have had around 25 minutes to get to Warrington Central in time to pick up what I suspect would have been his Manchester-Sheffield train (EMT 1L20) Had he spoken to the Virgin train staff rather than Preston station staff, they'd have probably organised a taxi for the jaunt across Warrington.

Status
Not open for further replies.