• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

26-30 Railcard - two in a year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTS1990

Hello all,

My 26-30 railcard expired in January. Like many others, (sadly) I haven't used the train since then, although for work-related reasons, that has now changed.

I'd like to renew my railcard for travel between now and July (i.e. just before my 31st birthday). Would you recommend I renew using my current railcard account, or set-up a new one for the next few months? If I set-up a 'temporary' account, could I renew again in July using my original account?

Sorry, this all sounds very complicated! Any advice is much appreciated :) Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Master Cutler

My advice is to check the terms and conditions on your RailCard account.
You may find that they won't allow what is in effect two accounts.
I renewed my Senior Rail Card until October 22 but due to COVID have used it less than 12 times, but checking the details it seems that there is no means of crediting or extending the valid to date.

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Assuming digital Railcards work the same way as physical ones, it should certainly be possible to buy one now and another the day before your 31st birthday. Happens all the time with 16-25 Railcards.

Whether the online system will allow it I can't say, however, as I'm well past the age at which I could try it myself.

CTS1990

Thanks all for your replies. According to the 26-30 Railcard website:

You will not be able to renew a Railcard if its date of issue is after your 31st birthday.

However, you can still buy another 26-30 Railcard by setting up another account using an alternative address and making your purchase just before your 31st birthday.

We will not be able to refund you for any over-lapping period of validity between the two Railcards.

It sounds like I should be ok...

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Thanks all for your replies. According to the 26-30 Railcard website:

You will not be able to renew a Railcard if its date of issue is after your 31st birthday.

However, you can still buy another 26-30 Railcard by setting up another account using an alternative address and making your purchase just before your 31st birthday.

We will not be able to refund you for any over-lapping period of validity between the two Railcards.

It sounds like I should be ok...

That looks like official blessing. I'd grab a screenshot for your records in case they change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.