• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

3 Assessments for different jobs passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northernboy67

Over the last year, I have applied for 3 jobs with my local TOC. First was Station Assistant last July. I passed, and I am still waiting for an interview. Secondly, I did the Conductor Assessment on 31st May, and again Passed, and still awaiting an interview. Yesterday I attended an assessment for Trainee Driver, which in my mind was the hardest of the lot, and Passed. I am now just playing a waiting game. So I shall just relax for now.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

redron

While your relaxing, you might want to think about which path to follow up. They are three very different roles.

Is driver your priority? If so, no harm in contacting HR to see when interviews are due to be held.

Northernboy67

Recruitment contacted me on Monday, to say interviews appear to be a long way off. And I am 7th in the queue for a conductor interview. I was offered an interview for relief station staff, on a 12 month contract. I have decided to accept the interview on the basis, after 6 months I can re-apply for train driver or conductor, as my assessments stay on the national database for 3 years. The other thing is, before the 12 months are up, I may have impressed well enough to get a permanent position in the company. So we shall see.

redron

You may not need to reapply for Driver/Conductor positions.

Such positions, especially Driver can take a very long time to get to interview stage. You may get a nice surprise is 6 - 12 months time.

Anyway, good luck!

TDK

Established Member
Recruitment contacted me on Monday, to say interviews appear to be a long way off. And I am 7th in the queue for a conductor interview. I was offered an interview for relief station staff, on a 12 month contract. I have decided to accept the interview on the basis, after 6 months I can re-apply for train driver or conductor, as my assessments stay on the national database for 3 years. The other thing is, before the 12 months are up, I may have impressed well enough to get a permanent position in the company. So we shall see.

If you so much hint that your intention is to apply for a different role at interview you many not get the job! All your interview questions are saved in a database with your answers so if you lie at interview and say that you have no intention of applying for a different role when you do you may come unstuck. I would wait for the driver position if that is what you really want.

Northernboy67

I am willing to wait for a driver position. I did not get an interview for the 12 month contract position, as it has since been filled. I shall just wait patiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.