• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

317's in passenger service at Stratford on Platform 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

NXEA!

Hello all, I was just pulling into Stratford on the Central line Westbound and I noticed a pair of 317's pulling in on Platform 5 adjacent to me Liverpool Street bound. I know that the plan is that three of them will work the 17.02 to Norwich from December, but I didn't realise they had any current booked GEML work. Could anybody tell me what service they would've been working? They pulled in at 20.42, and one of them was number 881 if that helps. Thanks. :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Fred26

As far as I can tell, they worked the 2004 (2W73) all stops service from Shenfield to Liverpool Street.

captainbigun

Two pairs out on the Metro today. Just seen on Anglia Gen that another pair have formed 20:00 LST to Norwich.

NXEA!

As far as I can tell, they worked the 2004 (2W73) all stops service from Shenfield to Liverpool Street.
Ahh thanks for that. Must've been a peak time substitution for a pair of 315's then. :)

--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Two pairs out on the Metro today. Just seen on Anglia Gen that another pair have formed 20:00 LST to Norwich.
Ahh interesting. I suppose until the December 2011 when they can re-cast the services to add extra capacity, there will be a few spare 317's sitting around on depot all day? I suppose they could've been used to ease the pressure on the 315 fleet for a little while?

Status
Not open for further replies.