• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

318261 Damaged by vandals

Status
Not open for further replies.

motherwell334

Unit 318261 was tonight damaged by thugs in the Blantyre area by placing debris on the line the train suffered severe damage to the bogies and brake pipes etc, not only that whilst the driver was walking the line to meet the assisting train the youths were restocking the debris with fresh stuff to wait for the next train to hit the debris.

I hope that the BTP get hold of these people

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

P156KWJ

Established Member
we had similar problems at the GCRN on the 13th, our Gatwick Express GLV had some damage to the first brake shoe, now it won't close properley

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I hope that the BTP get hold of these people
They won't. But even if they did and they were given a suitable sentence, you'd get a massive campaign by their chav families saying how nice they are and that loads of other chavs get away with vandalism so they should be let off too, and then some poncy judge will agree and let them off. :roll:

Metroland

Established Member
VANDALS smashed £3,000 worth of fencing at the miniature railway on Lodmoor Country Park in Weymouth.

The yobs demolished the wooden panels by kicking them over and breaking them up, police said.

Pc Mike Green believed the damage was caused on Wednesday night. He added that a large group of youths was seen in the area. Anyone with information can contact him on 01305 222222.

http://www.thisisdorset.net/display.var.2224696.0.fence_wrecked_by_vandals.php

me123

Established Member
Another lovely story from East of Glasgow :roll:

I don't see why people enjoy doing that. Train crashes aren't funny, as proved by fatalities at Hatfield and Potter's Bar amonst others. How anyone can consider this to be fun simply baffles me.

Looks like 318261's out of action for a while, though. I know that all 318s are in use on a daily basis, so I wonder what's going to happen there? I presume that some Ayr runs will be taken over by 2x334 or run as a single 318.

djw1981

Established Member
Not being picky, but Blantyre was South East of Glasgow last time I checked....

me123

Established Member
I had a hard day yesterday ;) Living in the East of Glasgow, though, that's no excuse really. Ta.

djw1981

Established Member
It was just for those southern types who might have been trying to find it on a map. It is of course famous as the birthplace of David Livingstone, explorer / missionary extraordinaire.

They won't. But even if they did and they were given a suitable sentence, you'd get a massive campaign by their chav families saying how nice they are and that loads of other chavs get away with vandalism so they should be let off too, and then some poncy judge will agree and let them off. :roll:

Absolutely ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.