• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

334 to Kilmarnock Bonnyton

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLUK144

Just over an hour ago, a 334 dragged by 37601 with a 57 at the tail passed by house bound for the Kilmarnock Bonnyton depot. I live in Southside Glasgow and the Glasgow South Western backs onto my garden. Can anyone enlighten me as to why a 334 was going down to Kilmarnock Bonnyton? I’d be most grateful if someone could.

98DEB188-ED94-4539-B4CA-B210B28A2CF4.jpeg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SansHache

It is 334017 en route to Brodies at Kilmarnock for incident damage repairs. It has been out of service since October 2018 when it was involved in a collision with cattle. It has been at Alstom Polmadie for most of the time since then.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
It is 334017 en route to Brodies at Kilmarnock for incident damage repairs. It has been out of service since October 2018 when it was involved in a collision with cattle. It has been at Alstom Polmadie for most of the time since then.

A collision on the Airdrie-Bathgate line?

JLUK144

Cheers. 8 months out of service seems quite long considering the issues Scotrail has, surely?

Last edited:

SansHache

Not sure of the details of the original incident but there was quite substantial damage to bogies and other underframe equipment. The damage assessment and determining whether to repair or replace equipment can be lengthy processes particularly when insurers are involved. The good news is the repair programme is now underway.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Not sure of the details of the original incident but there was quite substantial damage to bogies and other underframe equipment. The damage assessment and determining whether to repair or replace equipment can be lengthy processes particularly when insurers are involved. The good news is the repair programme is now underway.

That is good news. Was it at Alstom for assessment then with Kilmarnock being contracted to do the actual repair work?

ScottDarg

Been out of service longer than that - 37884 and 37611 moved it to Polmadie in June last year. Collision happened in early May 2018: https://flic.kr/p/Jt4hE6 (my pic)

Yes - near Uphall if I remember correctly.

Highlandspring

Established Member
Been out of service longer than that - 37884 and 37611 moved it to Polmadie in June last year. Collision happened in early May 2018: https://flic.kr/p/Jt4hE6 (my pic)

Yes - near Uphall if I remember correctly.
Collision happened at 21:29 on 8th May 2018 between Uphall and Newbridge Jn at EN2006 signal. Initially reported as a derailment but this turned out not to be the case. The the other unit involved was 334027 and the service was 2H06 1932 Helensburgh Central - Edinburgh Waverley. A memorable night!

ScottDarg

Might as well post this in this thread as it's an update to the above.

There's a Kilmarnock - Shields move operated by Freightliner on Tuesday 14/07 which is expected to be 334017 being released back to ScotRail. The loco comes from Barassie Yard which currently hosts the modified hoppers with dellner couplers that FL used for sleeper Mk.5 deliveries.

Link to the move: https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/K05737/2020-07-14/detailed

A bit over 2 years since the collision...

SC318250

It was 025 the long term unit that went to Wolverton for repairs

it was involved in collision at Gailles level crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.