• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

37/4 on the road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Philip Phlopp

Established Member
Acquired by DRS after several years in 'preservation', with spells at Bo'ness, Burton and Bury.

I'm looking wistfully at photos of it on the Mallaig extension when it was in rather better condition. Pip Dunn does suggest it's in line to be returned to service though, which is nice.

fgwrich

Established Member
I'm guessing this one's come from Burton? I Can't seem to find many other shots of it since Bo'ness in 2011 bar one at Burton in 2013. If RVEL are returning it to service then good luck to them! It's been in a rather poor state for some years even since EWS Stored it - then again, DRS Have also purchased 407 & 424 which are in nearly as bad a state too, and RVEL do seem to do surprisingly well at turning around some of the locos and coaches bought upon them!

If what I've just read is correct - that it has been swapped for 37510 - Then that'll be the second time it's entered Preservation, as DRS bought it when preserved in IC Swallow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.