• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

37 674 on the Wensleydale Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.

wra_relay

On Saturday & Sunday November 29th & 30th 2014, an amended timetable will operate to celebrate the first run in preservation of 37 674. The timetables are available here for Saturday and here for Sunday.

Customers from Bedale, Finghall Lane and Leyburn wishing to do a return journey to Northallerton West can only travel on Saturday on the 1200 ex Leeming Bar to do this. Please note that it will not be possible for customers joining at stations other than Leeming Bar to complete a round trip to Northallerton West on Sunday. Details of services to Northallerton West when it is officially opened will be available in the New Year.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

There's some around somewhere but it's half way through a bodywork overhaul / repaint into Railfreight Red Stripe.

I was going to go seeing as it's my local line but I bowled myself out by booking on Pathfinder's tour to Portsmouth with 37s on 29 Nov which makes it very expensive to get up there for a single journey from Northallerton - Leeming Bar! That's the only trip I can do by the time I get there!

Thanks

wra_relay

A photo of 37 674 on an engineer's train at Northallerton West this weekend is on the Railway's Facebook page

wra_relay

Would those intending to photograph 37 674 as it runs round at Northallerton West please help the Wensleydale Railway by staying on the access footpath. Network Rail is very concerned about possible trespass incidents. Full information on the Railway's Facebook page. Many thanks
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
There is a link to a short video of 37 674 approaching Leyburn station on the Railway's Facebook page

alexl92

Established Member
I've never yet had the pleasure of visiting the WR but it's top of my 'wanted' list. Once I get a car sorted...

L&Y Robert

37 674 will be dragging the Wensleydale Railway's DMU on the service trains tomorrow (Wednesday) www.wensleydalerail.com

Dragging: bump bump bump, over the sleepers, ballast and broken chairs flying in all directions, some sleepers cut in half, coach lurching to a stop at a hideous angle, broken coupling, damaged springs, wheel-set out of alignment. That's dragging.

Hauling - well that's different. Smooth frictionless advance over shiny rail, nice orderly rolling sound, rasp of the brakes as we come to a stand, everything in good order. That's hauling, that is.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Quite, it's been called 'dragging' for a long, long time. Everyone knows what it means, pedancy is therefore not welcome.

37674 is one of those I'm really annoyed with, as heart-of-wessex on here has had it (if memory serves correctly!) years ago and I've still not got to it yet. One day, one day...

Any gen on Northallerton West opening? That would make a visit to the WR much, MUCH, easier!

wra_relay

37674 will be hauling all the services on the Wensleydale Railwaythis Sunday (26th April)

wensley

Established Member
Good to see 37674 in action today with the LHCS ... once the painting is complete it'll be a really smart loco with the mini snowploughs.

Here she is working the 1100 ex-Redmire.

alexl92

Established Member
Looks great :) Is this the one that returned to service last year but then suffered a major failure almost immediately?

Status
Not open for further replies.