• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

37422 6K12 Ballast Train Cowdenbeath

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonathonAG

Hey guys,

Not leaving much days between photos am I? Well, caught 6K16 Millerhill - Achnasheen ballast train today, which was hauled by EWS Class 37 No. 37422. Quite glad it was routed via Cowdenbeath, meant something different from the usual 158's and 170's!

y6xopb.jpg

y6xopd.jpg

y6xopi.jpg

Some of the better ones ( well, one my opinion anyway ), are up here : http://jonathonag.fotopic.net/c1530255.html

Hope you like them

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Phoenix

Established Member
Yup, I agree. Luckily there has been some work going on here during the past year which I hadn't noticed due to lack of visits to this spot, but now gives better access for trains travelling on the Down Line, so I'll have to go there more often

Well I hope to see more great shots from you and this location.
Also kudos on getting 37422 in it's first week of being back in the mix.
How was she (sound,thrash ect.)

class 313

Established Member
Well I hope to see more great shots from you and this location.
Also kudos on getting 37422 in it's first week of being back in the mix.
How was she (sound,thrash ect.)

I know 37422 still has the ticking idle as heard here. I hope 410s bogies are serving 422 well, though if 422 fails again then 410 must have them back... ;)

My favourite shot is the shot of 422 shown above in the first post.

JonathonAG

Oh, she sounded great, could hear her appraoching from a quater of a mile away, over the dual-carriageway traffic noise ( which is about 500 yards to the left of the shots ). Was hellfire as she appraoched me, but just 100 yards from me, the juice was stopped as she approached a signal at danger. Shame, but still was nice to finally see something interesting traverse here this month! Will ctach her again on Friday with luck, although not at Cowdenbeath!

Phoenix

Established Member
Oh, she sounded great, could hear her appraoching from a quater of a mile away, over the dual-carriageway traffic noise ( which is about 500 yards to the left of the shots ). Was hellfire as she appraoched me, but just 100 yards from me, the juice was stopped as she approached a signal at danger. Shame, but still was nice to finally see something interesting traverse here this month! Will ctach her again on Friday with luck, although not at Cowdenbeath!

What working she doing friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.