• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

376 Electrostar Interior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gizmogle

Established Member
Why don't you just google them yourself? It only takes one simple seach to find these things...
Class376interior.jpg

Source: Wikipedia

djw1981

Established Member
Urgh! what a nasty looking interior. So utilitarian. It's like they let IKEA design it.

Gizmogle

Established Member
I don't think it's too bad, certainly better than a 450.
It looks a little horrible in the picture, but they're not that bad when you're on them.

Daniel

Established Member
Looks to be very high density, but still looks better than the 450 interior IMO. Can't remember the last time I was on a 376!

class 313

Established Member
How can you both say that?

the seats are not really worth being there! I'm guessing 2cm thick padding if that. Even then is seat covering plastic. Not very nice for the routes they do, the Networkers are much better in all ways that the 376s.

thefab444

Established Member
Yeah, for me, the 376s are probably the best of the DC Electrostars. I've no idea why people say that 377s are the saviours of us all... :?

Julian G

Established Member
Yeah, for me, the 376s are probably the best of the DC Electrostars. I've no idea why people say that 377s are the saviours of us all... :?

You might want to ask the daily commuter what they think of 376s
I probably bet they will say this [465>376]

thefab444

Established Member
Have you sat on the plastic things called seats? 375s are much better.

Can't vouch for 375s, having avoided them like the plague given my experiences of 377s. According to some sources, they are better. Anyway, surely 376s and 465s do different journeys, with 465s being Outer Suburban? I would say 376s compare more with 455s, and again in my opinion, they compare favourably to unrefurbished 455s, and even to refurbished SWT/tarted up Southern ones.

Lastly, totally pedantic, but I doubt many commuters are trainspotters. They are more likely to say "The ones that sound like F1 cars are better than the ones with no bogs".

class 313

Established Member
Can't vouch for 375s, having avoided them like the plague given my experiences of 377s. According to some sources, they are better. Anyway, surely 376s and 465s do different journeys, with 465s being Outer Suburban? I would say 376s compare more with 455s, and again in my opinion, they compare favourably to unrefurbished 455s, and even to refurbished SWT/tarted up Southern ones.

Lastly, totally pedantic, but I doubt many commuters are trainspotters. They are more likely to say "The ones that sound like F1 cars are better than the ones with no bogs".

Networkers did the old routes 376's do now, so the average commuter should of used both, also knowing one or two commuters forgot to go to the bog before they get on, they need a toilet on the train. Although the 376's supply standing room, you might as well stand as you're not really gaining much by sitting down on what will hurt your arse by the time you get into London.

Jim

Established Member
375's are better than 377's in my opinion. I quite like 376's for short journeys though - it's certainally different to go on a Modern EMU built properally for short distance comutes

me123

Established Member
I think they aren't too bad looking. Obviously, as suburban units, they're probably not meant to be used for long journeys and the idea is to get as many people in as possible (sadly). I think the perches at the windows though are a good use of space.

Status
Not open for further replies.