• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

3r5d runway @ Heathrow and electrifying the gw Mianline

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgwuser

blah blah co2 blah blah, qualified scientists, blah blah.

qualified scientists also claim this to be a bunch or cr@p, so really you're just choosing one particular side which suits your own personal agenda.

To say one qualified scientist is right and the other is not is myopic and ignorant.

I would just suggest verifying how each of these scientists are funded

If it is so easy to dismiss the reports Metroland quotes, then presumably you can tell us where their methodology is flawed? He's quoted his sources and given you the links, so it shouldn't take long. I'm assuming you know what the flaws are, because to have dismissed the reports without reading them would indeed be 'myopic and flawed'...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

j0hn0

If it is so easy to dismiss the reports Metroland quotes, then presumably you can tell us where their methodology is flawed? He's quoted his sources and given you the links, so it shouldn't take long. I'm assuming you know what the flaws are, because to have dismissed the reports without reading them would indeed be 'myopic and flawed'...

Please check your quotes, I said that it was myopic for him to dismiss other scientists and nowhere did i say that his arguments were flawed.
I checked those links before and they were the same arguments as I had seen umpteen times.

My conclusion is that this argument is tired, there are many like metroland who throw this information about on message boards. I don't agree with it and I'm bored of explaining why.

Sure I could write a long detailed analysis providing links and 'facts' to back up another theory, but that would make me to be anally retentive about the matter when the reality is that I just don't care.

My opinion is that I want to keep those politics out of railways, not to start an irrelevant fact war.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.