• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

4 TC model (00)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Its just a thought at the moment!

Im currently looking into making a 4 TC model, im going to make a prototype up, if it sucessful i might make afew up i was jsut wondering if anyone on here would be interested in one?

For those that dont know TCs were trailer units used for mainly the weymouth line before elctricification but were found all over the southern and worked push pull with 33s

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
Wouldn't be interested in purchasing one but would certainly be interested in seeing one. Good luck with it! At one point Cove Models had a few 00 gauge ready built NSE slammers on display which looked great.

CraigS

Established Member
I would be interested though I would prefer a refurbished 4 CEP in SWT or BR green as worn by 411592 during its later days with South Eastern Trains.

Established Member
I would be interested though I would prefer a refurbished 4 CEP in SWT or BR green as worn by 411592 during its later days with South Eastern Trains.

Well bachmann are bringing out an unrefrubished CEP so they might do the other one, im only doing the TC at the moment, i might make a few 442s up but i ahvent decded yet!

Kris

Well bachmann are bringing out an unrefrubished CEP so they might do the other one, im only doing the TC at the moment, i might make a few 442s up but i ahvent decded yet!

Is it possible to convert that CEP? I was looking at that and thinking it would look good with a bagpipe 33.

trains2

Lol, what's your time scale for all this unit making? I started my 442 over a year ago, and it is still not fully complete. (although saying that, it only requires glazing)

photo3.jpg

Established Member
Thats N gauge tho isnt? The conversion kits for the 00 442s are quite easy its jsut the painting tahts hard, ive got one driver trailer on the TC done!

Nathan

Thats N gauge tho isnt? The conversion kits for the 00 442s are quite easy its jsut the painting tahts hard, ive got one driver trailer on the TC done!

It looks like OO to me if im not mistaken?

Established Member
thats another reason i said its jsut a thought, were going to make up prototypes and see what happens from there

trains2

It looks like OO to me if im not mistaken?

It is 00. Although I agree that the conversion is easy, it's to what level of detail you want to take the model to, and the time scale. If you just do the conversion as a minimum and then paint it it's quick and easy, but all you are doing is chopping one end of a coach off and replacing with the resin ends, and then slapping overlays on for the MBLS. Although it looks like a 442 (see an earlier edition of Model Rail - that's what they did) there are several missing details which I have taken the time to include on my model. For example correction of the HST style doors, which have a recess around the window, a differing window surround, are opened by hand and have the handrail on the wrong side. Changing all these on 16 doors (4 of them (the yellow/orange ones) are already like this, except for a handrail) doesn't half take time!

I've often dreamed of having 2 10-Wes sets, finding the time to build them will be a challenge though!

Established Member
yer, well nathan is the one comcentrating on the 442, im doing the TCs, the protoype for that isnt far off running, got the cab ends on order and need to get a second TSO

Nathan

It is 00.I agree that the conversion is easy,

I've often dreamed of having 2 10-Wes sets, finding the time to build them will be a challenge though!

Hah told you Stephen i have keen eye ;) but i was reading the article for converting them from Model Rails 1999 edition, its reasuring to know that its possible! As for a 2 10-Wes well we'd all dream of that.

How much has the build cost you so far?

trains2

Hah told you Stephen i have keen eye ;) but i was reading the article for converting them from Model Rails 1999 edition, its reasuring to know that its possible! As for a 2 10-Wes well we'd all dream of that.

How much has the build cost you so far?

5 Lima Mk3s at around £15 each, the resin ends at £12, the brass overlays at £15, paints and primer, plasticard bits and bobs, and a motor which came from one of my Bachy 158s which when bought cost £60, I'd say in excess of £120 without the donated motor.

trains2

In reality I think it would go for a lot more than that on the likes of ebay! There was a listing for 2 driving cabs attached to what looked like the short Hornby Mk3 and painted in stagecoach livery (not really top notch) - went for £81!

Although £120 is a rough guess of what I've put into it, I'd love to see what it would fetch on ebay.

Established Member
Well the TC ends are on order and i will buy another bachmann TSO when funds permit and will also get some paint to!

QUICK MATT POST!!!!

Nathan

Well the TC ends are on order and i will buy another bachmann TSO when funds permit and will also get some paint to!

QUICK MATT POST!!!!

Why bother Matt, you'll only reach 450 ;)

Well you've done more than i have at present!

Established Member
lol

Will be taking the Prototype TC set to my grandads this evening so he can inspect it and see what he has to say about it.

Nathan

lol

Will be taking the Prototype TC set to my grandads this evening so he can inspect it and see what he has to say about it.

Hope the gap between the cab and side are tidied up with miliput.

"matt quickly posts randomly simply to get away from the dreaded number of the beast(s)"

Well it was good while it lasted, but 450 to come :D

16CSVT2700

Established Member
I see the cant rail is missing....
But fails to notice the most glaring error..

BT10 bogies instead of the correct pattern T4 bogies for the trailer cars and P7 motor bogies for the MBRSM.

Call yourself a 442 top man, pah ;)

trains2

Do I really care about bogie design? ;)

That's what I told myself. ;) Can't be arsed to change 20 bogies when they aren't far off as they are. However, the lack of shoe beam in this scenario is correct as 73235 was taking the 442 for refurbishment along the GWML.

Or something like that. :)

Nathan

Im watching you matt, your coming close to the magic number ;)

The bogie sides didnt come in the hurst models kit then?

Status
Not open for further replies.