• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

444 Olympic Livery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lrd

Established Member
Hello all, I was using the footbridge outside Southampton Central earlier today and saw a Class 444 at platform 4, couldn't see any unit number as it departed at 15:50 towards Bournemouth. Anyways, there was some form of either a logo or hazard tape. It looked in some ways similar to the Official 2012 Olympic logo, same sort of colours, but spread across two lines along the side of the power car, partly on the windows. I'm sure one of the words said "2012" but couldn't quite make it out.

Anyone else got any more info about this? Or if I was mis-saw it.

Thanks!

P.S. I also saw a few wagons off a car transporter (the ones with blue walls and roof) and a Class 66, half in, half out of one of the buildings at Northam depot. Would of been at about 11.30. Anyone know what it was doing there?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
P.S. I also saw a few wagons off a car transporter (the ones with blue walls and roof) and a Class 66, half in, half out of one of the buildings at Northam depot. Would of been at about 11.30. Anyone know what it was doing there?

Wheel lathe I expect - that's the shed behind the washer, south of the main building. Although not regular visitors, it isn't that unusual to see the odd freight wagon using it.

Lrd

Established Member
Sounds like 444012 'Destination Weymouth'. Standard SWT livery though.

It wasn't a nameplate, it was fairly big, covering the bottoms of a few windows... Like a sticker over the normal livery.

Matt Taylor

Established Member
Not sure what it is then, there has been nothing on the internal news suggesting any re-livery or anything like that.

lukefarley

If it was on the London end car, on the driver's side, could have been the graffitied unit I saw earlier.
UID 444 was noted in platform 3 at Weymouth today - formed the 1503 Weymouth - London Waterloo, with graffiti on the lower bodyside of the First Class driving car.

Should imagine it's the same unit.

L

Lrd

Established Member
If it was on the London end car, on the driver's side, could have been the graffitied unit I saw earlier.
UID 444 was noted in platform 3 at Weymouth today - formed the 1503 Weymouth - London Waterloo, with graffiti on the lower bodyside of the First Class driving car.

Should imagine it's the same unit.

L

Yeah it was London end, drivers side, so it must of been graffiti then. :( Cheers!

NSE

Established Member
The Olympic logo is graffiti anyway isn't it?!:lol:

Not that I like to admit it, the guy who designed that used to go to the Sixth Form I currently attend. Shows how good our art department is :P

Matt Taylor

Established Member
I wouldn't be particularly proud of the design.

The proper Olympic logo (five coloured rings) is on display at St Pancras and will continue to be until after the games next year. The logo will be displayed at a number of London locations (and other Olympic venues) over the next 18 months.

jon0844

Veteran Member
Or the mascots.

Has anyone bought them yet? That is to keep, not to give to someone else as a p**s take.

ChampsRacing

Itis graffiti on the side of it, although from a distance it does look like the olympic logo lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.