• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

450s to Weymouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

CR165022

Are they becoming more common? I know there's a scheduled service in the morning, but I've noticed a few substitutions recently, as I'm writing this, ive just seen 1W25 leave Dorchester, and it was a 4 car 450 instead of a 444, although RTT says it's 444001

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
I believe there have been several 9 carriage workings to Bournemouth with the front 450 portion proceeding to Weymouth lately. I had read several tip offs on other threads that there have been recent shortages of 444s; Fridays and weekends have seen quite a few 444 booked trains short-formed, substituted by 450s or worked as 9-450/444 instead of 10-444.

And then of course, there is a single morning Brockenhurst - Weymouth as you said, which then moves onto Winchester Bournemouth stoppers, but that should be the only 450 that's booked to Weymouth - and none are booked to work the entirety of the route to or from Waterloo.

Status
Not open for further replies.