• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

46115 Flattens Aisgill on The Winter Cumbrian Mountain Express 28/3/15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgthompson

LMS 46115 Scots Guardsman was the motive power for The Railway Touring companies 6th Winter Cumbrian Mountain Express Railtour of 2015 . The tour would start at London Euston with a class 68 taking the train to Carnforth where 46115 would then take the train over the 1 in 75 climb over Shap to Carlisle with 46115 then returning over the S&C with 46115 coming off the train at Farrington junction. We see 46115 at a very foggy but drt Grayrigg loops but this is not the planned location as I was going to do Salterwath but the main road out of Grayrigg was closed so I took to the back lanes but I was running out of time so opted for the loops but the Motorway noise was louder than I would have liked . The return sees 46115 hammer passed me at Newbiggin and finally near Aisgill summit . I had to chop the pan up Mallerstang as the last second I noticed the mic was not working so I grabbed the wire to make it work .

[youtube]6FyoQAy61fs[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.