• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

507 suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

I took a trip to West Kirby the other day and I could not believe how good the ride was. I can't think of anything better. I grew up with the old 502s. When they were forty years old they were in a dreadful state, but it feels like the 507s could go on for ever. What about Classes 313/4/5?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Railengineer

I took a trip to West Kirby the other day and I could not believe how good the ride was. I can't think of anything better. I grew up with the old 502s. When they were forty years old they were in a dreadful state, but it feels like the 507s could go on for ever. What about Classes 313/4/5?
They all have pretty much the same secondary suspension system. Same as Mk3 coaches and other uk built stock from that era.
They won't go on forever though, most of the stock mentioned suffers from rotten bodywork.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.