• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

5Z80 York Siemens to Saltburn 17/4/2022?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

_toommm_

Established Member
I believe the plan is still that TPE will extend at least some, if not all, of their services to Saltburn. This may be due to noise complaints from residents at Redcar when the units idle in the turn back sidings there from what I remember.

What I do know for definite is that the purpose of the run is to acquire/maintain the route knowledge of the extra leg from Redcar Central to Saltburn for the TPE drivers.

Class 170101

Established Member
What was this train doing at saltburn
Probably a route learner for the May 22 timetable for the trains below which start back at Saltburn from May TT change. Full Saltburn operation isn't until December 22 according to discussions elsewhere on this board.

High Dyke

Established Member
185145 was the unit used. Looks like it arrived from York and then did a round trip to Middlesbrough, before returning to York.

SuperNova

I believe the plan is still that TPE will extend at least some, if not all, of their services to Saltburn. This may be due to noise complaints from residents at Redcar when the units idle in the turn back sidings there from what I remember.

What I do know for definite is that the purpose of the run is to acquire/maintain the route knowledge of the extra leg from Redcar Central to Saltburn for the TPE drivers.
Only first and last services for May. Nothing to do with Redcar noise complaints, the service was always set to be extended when rolling stock was available.

Status
Not open for further replies.