• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

7 Day local transport tickets in Berlin ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonthemoron

Established Member
Can these be purchased from DB Automaten in Hauptbahnhof, from U-Bahn Automaten or only from shops in U-Bahn stations? I'm sure I've bought them before but it was some time ago

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transplanted

They were for sale on the ticket machines in Ostbahnhof when I went last week.

These are the tickets that give you all rail/U-bahn/tram/bus right?

Last edited:

transplanted

yes, that's the ones, the 7 day tickets are a lot cheaper than buying 7 one day tickets

If you are going less than a week, you might also use some of the tourist tickets (also available from the TVM). They are available in 4 days versions which are useful.

pemma

Veteran Member
If you are going less than a week, you might also use some of the tourist tickets (also available from the TVM). They are available in 4 days versions which are useful.

I think you can buy the Berlin card from a TVM but you only get the booklet with information about free/discounted attractions if you buy from a ticket office window.

gordonthemoron

Established Member
I'm going for 7 nights so the 7 day ticket is the best, also I've been so many times that I tend to avoid the usual tourist attractions

U-Bahnfreund

Can these be purchased from DB Automaten in Hauptbahnhof, from U-Bahn Automaten or only from shops in U-Bahn stations? I'm sure I've bought them before but it was some time ago

You can get VBB tickets (which a 7 day travelcard Berlin ABC is) at any TVM or ticket office of any participating transport company (DB, BVG, ViP, etc.). That's the point of a Verkehrsverbund ;)

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Depending on your plans, it may be better to just buy the Zone AB ticket for 30€ and buy extensions (1,60€ Single) if you need to venture into Zone C (primarily Potsdam and Schönefeld Airport).

gordonthemoron

Established Member
Depending on your plans, it may be better to just buy the Zone AB ticket for 30€ and buy extensions (1,60€ Single) if you need to venture into Zone C (primarily Potsdam and Schönefeld Airport).

That's what I was intending. Arriving by train to Hbf and flying out from Tegel so only need extension for Potsdam if we go and it's by no means certain.

Otherwise, only trip planned is Wuensdorf near Zossen to visit the Maybach and Zeppelin bunkers for which a separate ticket will be required as it's quite a way

Status
Not open for further replies.