• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

700019 - AC only at present?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave91131

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone knows if 700019 is restricted to AC only at present, and if so how long it has been?

As a regular user of the ECML south of Peterborough and the Thameslink core I have seen this unit many times in recent weeks, and without fail it has always either been stabled at Hornsey or Welwyn Garden City or working the King's Cross - Royston - Cambridge circuit.

I have never seen it in the core, and therefore never on DC power.

I seem to remember this unit was used for AC testing of some form on the ECML a year or two back - could this be relevant?

Any information welcomed.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bramling

Veteran Member
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone knows if 700019 is restricted to AC only at present, and if so how long it has been?

As a regular user of the ECML south of Peterborough and the Thameslink core I have seen this unit many times in recent weeks, and without fail it has always either been stabled at Hornsey or Welwyn Garden City or working the King's Cross - Royston - Cambridge circuit.

I have never seen it in the core, and therefore never on DC power.

I seem to remember this unit was used for AC testing of some form on the ECML a year or two back - could this be relevant?

Any information welcomed.

Thanks

All the GN 700/0 diagrams are captive - they start and finish on the GN. The original batch of units were changed over after a few months, and since then swaps happen on an occasional basis - there’s a daily “run as required” Hornsby/Three Bridges return path provided for the purpose.

There is of course the one diagram which puts a 700/0 on Cambridge/Brighton. Can’t say if 700019 has ever been on that.

Dave91131

All the GN 700/0 diagrams are captive - they start and finish on the GN. The original batch of units were changed over after a few months, and since then swaps happen on an occasional basis - there’s a daily “run as required” Hornsby/Three Bridges return path provided for the purpose.

There is of course the one diagram which puts a 700/0 on Cambridge/Brighton. Can’t say if 700019 has ever been on that.

Thanks.

I'm slowly but surely scratching them in for travel and sight (81 and 112 respectively out of 115 at present) - will try to keep an eye out if any of the other 700/0's seem solid outwith the core in the coming days and weeks.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I have had 700 019 south of the Thames a few months ago, so it has been swapped over at some point...

notverydeep

8 Car 700s do work from GN onto 'Thameslink Proper'. This morning 700038 was on 9S11 0724 Cambridge to Brighton and 700025 was on the following 9J13 0724 Peterborough to Horsham through Central London. From memory, 9J13 at least is vice 12 car. I assume these are still 'captive' diagrams that return the set to GN, but they do present the opportunity for swapping sets or just taking 8 cars on the odd visit south of the Thames...

Status
Not open for further replies.