• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

87 turned into 57

Status
Not open for further replies.

joy54.gen

I left today with a day looking like it would have a slammer and loco- hauled packed day, this is what happened:

* Got the 1008 Gipsy Hill to Balham (and additional service layed on by Southern due to the 1000 being cancelled).
* Got the Northern Line to Stockwell, Victoria Line to Victoria and District Line to Barons Cout, Piccadilly Line to Ealing Common and 207 Bus to Ealing Broadway.
*Bought my Greenways Day Ranger for next week.
* Got Heathrow Connect to London Paddington and then 436 Bus to London Victoria.
* Got and Electrostar to Clapham Junction to get a slammer in which I expected to work the 1302 to Brighton, this was viced by an Electrostar which I got to Victoria, I then took the 1304 to Redhill and got a Horsham slammer to Victoria and then back to Purley where I took a 455 to London Bridge.
* I then took Thameslink to KXTL and a 476 bus to Euston. I then took Silverlink Metro to Watford Junction as this would mean I would get the Watford High Street line done.
* When I arrive at Watford Junction I realise the 87 I am to catch is being delayed by 30 mins soon to be 1 hour. I miss the St Albans Abbey train so decide to get some Lunch/Dinner.
* At 1811 I see a 90 on a Wolverhampton service which I was considering getting, in the end I didn't due to the lateness I may have got back.
* At 1813 my train turns up 40 mins late, I haven't realised an 87 isn't on the front, and when I am approching Euston I realise it is a 57, I'm not sure if I am to be excited or dissapointed.
* I take the Victoria Line to Victoria and catch the 1907 to Gipsy Hill.

An interesting day was had.

Status
Not open for further replies.