• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

9-car ScotRail 385.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hooky3

After having a look on Real Time Trains I noticed that tonight ScotRail appear to be running empty Test Trains between Edinburgh and Stirling formed of 3x385s. Are they planning to run 9-car trains in passenger service?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Clansman

Established Member
Empty stock movement testing I'd guess?

IIRC, none of the platforms on the lines they serve are long enough for 9 coach x 385s other than Edinburgh Waverley, Haymarket, Glasgow QS, Glasgow Central, Stirling, Motherwell, and Dunbar.

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Glasgow QS
...is still only suitable for 8-car 385 operation surely (without messing about with the provision for long trains in platform 7)?

I guess it might be useful to move spare units on the back of an Edinburgh to Stirling service (with two units locked out) at either end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.