• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

91132 front of 91114

Status
Not open for further replies.

gareth taylor

91132 in front of 91114 came in Peterborough Platform 3 then went back south E.C.S. around 1250pm.
Any body knows what was wrong 91114, as the pantograph was down. Dont know what set/dvt was on with them at the time.

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

E&W Lucas

Established Member
Sounds like they were testing 91132, with 91114 available incase of failure

You've got a very vivid imagination. You don't test locos on passenger trains. Perhaps a more realistic explanation would be the simplest one. The quickest way to move a loco to another location, is to incorporate it into a train formation. Far easier than trying to path and resource a light loco move.

The 91 next to the train will have its pan down, as two aren't permitted to be on the wire in normal circumstances.

Missed the BG - Pboro - BG bit. That's a test run, though the usual reason for this is simply a loco move.

Last edited:

rail-britain

Established Member
You've got a very vivid imagination. You don't test locos on passenger trains
Class 91 locos are quite often tested between Bounds Green and Peterborough, there are loads of such videos on YouTube, plus I managed to see one myself pass through Hitchin

Unusual way to move a loco to a location, Bounds Green - Peterborough - Bounds Green; seems to end back where it started...

Last edited:

VP185

You've got a very vivid imagination. You don't test locos on passenger trains. Perhaps a more realistic explanation would be the simplest one. The quickest way to move a loco to another location, is to incorporate it into a train formation. Far easier than trying to path and resource a light loco move.

NXEA have tested 90s on passenger trains with a fitter onboard. That only happened because we had no other Skoda's available for traffic.... If I remember rightly the Skoda failed as well.

I hopped on a EC set from Peterborough to Kings Cross last year that had 2 91's on it. There's a photo on my fotopic site of it. I assume one of the 91's had failed as the one between the set and the trailing 91 had it's pan down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E&W Lucas

Established Member
Class 91 locos are quite often tested between Bounds Green and Peterborough, there are loads of such videos on YouTube, plus I managed to see one myself pass through Hitchin

Are they really? Wow, I never knew that! ;):roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.