• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

92044 from Brush Traction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there, 92044 Couperin seems to be on it's way to Crewe right now, does anyone here know what traffic it will be put on?
It doesnt have the CAF/Dellner mods so obviously not beds,
but does anyone know which freight services it will be deployed on?
Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DBS92042

Established Member
Hey there, 92044 Couperin seems to be on it's way to Crewe right now, does anyone here know what traffic it will be put on?
It doesnt have the CAF/Dellner mods so obviously not beds,
but does anyone know which freight services it will be deployed on?
Many thanks.
My guess is that it'll probably head to Dollands Moor to work the Channel Tunnel/HS1 freight for GBRF or DB (a bit like 92032 does at the moment)

My guess is that it'll probably head to Dollands Moor to work the Channel Tunnel/HS1 freight for GBRF or DB (a bit like 92032 does at the moment)
cheers :)

But surely not ? As far as I understand, GBRf do not operate any regular chunnel flows other than the China Clay, which is hardly a common service. 92032 is (or was) on loan to Db, but i can't imagine GBRf overhauling a locomotive just to serve Db, thats just not feasible. So if Couperin is to go into chunnel flows, does this suggest GBRf acquiring a new chunnel flow?

Last edited:

Mollman

Established Member
GBRF did put 92s on Felixstowe - Trafford Park flow for a while pre-Sleeper. They might be using it for that?

GBRF did put 92s on Felixstowe - Trafford Park flow for a while pre-Sleeper. They might be using it for that?
Those were my thoughts. 92044 specifically operated 4L18 (and the return, can't remember the headcode for it) for a long period of time. A few people ive talked to think this too, and the fact that Courperin has had its chunnel Roundels removed may suggest that it's not being deployed on international services

DBS92042

Established Member
Those were my thoughts. 92044 specifically operated 4L18 (and the return, can't remember the headcode for it) for a long period of time. A few people ive talked to think this too, and the fact that Courperin has had its chunnel Roundels removed may suggest that it's not being deployed on international services
92s haven't worked the 4L18 for quite a few years now (last one worked it in 2014/5 I think), so I don't think it'll be going back to 92 haulage any time soon but I could be wrong.

I believe the Roundels were removed to help prevent rust on the bodyside? rather than the fact they weren't going to work through the Channel Tunnel (they've been removed from all of GBRF's operational 92s now).

On Moderation
92s haven't worked the 4L18 for quite a few years now (last one in 2014/5 I think) so, personally, I don't think it'll go back to 92 haulage any time soon but I could be wrong.

I believe the Roundels were removed to help prevent rust on the bodyside? rather than the fact they weren't going to work through the Channel Tunnel (they've been removed from all of GBRF's operation 92s now).
Correct. Removal of the roundels is part of the overhaul work that Brush have done on all the operational GBRf fleet; 92044 being the last to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.