• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

a 4 sub cab [i think]

Status
Not open for further replies.

big all

On Moderation
i say i think as i only trained on subs and no other 1936 stock so may be similar but not identical cabs on other stock ;)
http://www.davidheyscollection.com/userimages/0000-gb-02-ee-1946-cab.jpg
passed out on subs in the long hot summer off 1976 at coulsdon north
and from memory will try and get the 1 to 14 correct and a bit more on top
1---power controller and reverser [with a reverser key and a brake control key carried end to end around the neck on a sting ]
2---brake control feed key
3---potentiometer fuse
4--- control cut out and fuse
5--- shoe ribbon fuses and cartridge fuses[ locked with an "S" key]
6--- amp gauge and cab route indicator and gauge lights
7--10 point motor cut out switch
8-- stencil numbers or letters for head code
9--handbrake
10 --compressor guvernor
11--knife switches for compressor ' heating auxiliaries
12--drop down window on inward opening door with the fold down seat sharing a door hinge
13--a seat by it being on a pivot giving an often exciting ride over rough track
14--although it looks like it applies to the horizontal cab heater suspect its connected to the bottom off the vertical motor isolation switch that's operated by the reverser key

everything on a sub was 750v [lights heating power ]except the control which via a potentiometer was reduced to 70v for everything that goes through the jumper including forward/reverse 'power notches 'compressor and lighting control
all lighting is 750v with either 4x240v bulbs for cab or 9/10/11 bulbs for coaching lights
now i could be a bit wrong on several points and happy to be corrected but would expect to be close enough after 43 years:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.