• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A Bash for my commute?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yew

Established Member
Hey all,

Some of you may know that I regularly commute from Lincoln to nottingham, approximately one a week. However since I have some exams coming up, I feel I would work harder if I had something looking forward to. Now my last exam is on the 31st of may, and I am thinking of going from Lincoln to mansfield, via Kings cross on the 4th of June. Obviously my first though is advance tickets, using the Direct lincoln-london service, then the second leg on an EMT HST.

I'm wondering if anyone can suggest some interesting routes/fares I have £40 of rail travel vouchers that I hope to spend, and some first class breakfast I hope to sample :) Also peoples ideas on if this is a stupid thing to do would also be appreciated ;)

Thanks all, Yew

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Crossover

Established Member
Not in a position to check fares for you at the moment but as for whether it is a stupid thing do...most certainly not :)

In such times, we all need something to look forward to and, indeed, at the end of my uni exam periods, I often went travelling with a friend on different rangers etc. Gives a goal and something to work towards that isn't education related :)

Status
Not open for further replies.