• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.

E.G.E.Bakker

Hello Everyone
Someone gave me a copy of Rail Simulator, which I installed on my pc. Would this be a program, which is similar to MSTS, which I run as well?
I installed it, but could not get it to work and received attached error message.
Anyone able to advise me on this ?

regards,

Ed Bakker

Attachments

• 2010-03-09_235015.jpg
    2010-03-09_235015.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 14
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

class313

would it be possible to post your PC specs. Generally Rail simulator requires a hell of a lot more power, so if your pc is not up to it, it will just throw a wobbly.
edit- when do you get the message, at what precise point in the game

E.G.E.Bakker

would it be possible to post your PC specs. Generally Rail simulator requires a hell of a lot more power, so if your pc is not up to it, it will just throw a wobbly.
edit- when do you get the message, at what precise point in the game

Hi there
Thanks for the feedback. Apparently I require as minium NVIDIA GeForce FX5200 or greater, this is the reason it bombed out.
Will need to look into this, have no idea of the cost of this item in NZ Dollars.
Thanks a lot for the feedback.

Cheers,
Ed Bakker

class313

I would advise you getting an ATI card, as nVidia cards have a lot of problems with rail simulator.

Status
Not open for further replies.