• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A Eurostar Amsterdam to London service pulled from sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eroded

Hi,

We are booked on the Eurostar service from Amsterdam to London departing 16:47 on 15th May.

I see that this service is no longer available to buy - in any of the three travel classes. Yet the seat map is not full at all.

Should I be worried? Anyone know why tickets are no longer available?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

k-c-p

My best guess: Planned engineering works and the schedules are not confirmed yet. The Eurostar travel news lists various weekend dates from May through August which have Netherland services not open for sale. Your date is not listed, but the ones before and after. Maybe you should keep an eye on the page.

hth
Charly

DanielB

There are no planned engineering works on the Dutch part of the Eurostar route in May according to both NS and NS International.

DanielB

I've just had a look at the NS International journey planner for the 15th of May, which actually shows all Eurostar services from Amsterdam as "sold out". It does however give options with Thalys and IC between Amsterdam and Brussels, which use the same route and come from the same depot at Amsterdam. So I'd tend to believe the trains are actually sold out.

S-Car-Go

The 4th & 5th of May are Dutch bank holidays, so will blend into a long bank holiday weekend 4-8th. School hols end on 8th as well.

Both weekends of 7-8th and 21st-22nd have engineering works taking place. So yeah, the 14-15th could well be sold out if it's the only weekend unaffected.

DanielB

The 4th & 5th of May are Dutch bank holidays, so will blend into a long bank holiday weekend 4-8th. School hols end on 8th as well.

Both weekends of 7-8th and 21st-22nd have engineering works taking place. So yeah, the 14-15th could well be sold out if it's the only weekend unaffected.
There's only a school holiday ending the 8th of May, 4th of May isn't a day off and the 5th of May only for a limited number of organizations. It only is a bank holiday every five years, next time in 2025.

Don't know where you've seen about those engineering works. NS doesn't announce any engineering works affecting Eurostar in May: https://www.nsinternational.com/nl/...-spoor/eurostar-parijs-brussel-ashford-londen

DanielB

they could be doing work on the secure check in areas on those dates?
Then I'd still expect an announcement of engineering works. At least due to Eurostar sharing platform 15 in Amsterdam with other international train, which would then also be affected.

popeter45

Then I'd still expect an announcement of engineering works. At least due to Eurostar sharing platform 15 in Amsterdam with other international train, which would then also be affected.
not really if it was just the hut being worked on?, platform can still be used in that case

S-Car-Go

There's only a school holiday ending the 8th of May, 4th of May isn't a day off and the 5th of May only for a limited number of organizations. It only is a bank holiday every five years, next time in 2025.

Don't know where you've seen about those engineering works. NS doesn't announce any engineering works affecting Eurostar in May: https://www.nsinternational.com/nl/...-spoor/eurostar-parijs-brussel-ashford-londen
My error, apologies. It isn't engineering work that's shutting sales. It's the change of timetable that happens in May. So they've closed sales certain weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.