• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A fotopic question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbonwick

Established Member
A question to trouble those huge brains out there!

Is there any way of downloading pics off fotopic more than 1 at a time?

Thanks,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Daniel

Established Member
Downloading? Subscribe to "Premium" and you can download a whole gallery at once....

....(as I found when I had to re-format my PC, lost all of my pictures and was told i'd have to pay to get them back off of my fotopic)...

Established Member
Don't use fotopic!

That's my tip.

Why? Its excellent so many people use it , and most of it is updated neally all the time ,tom is your 50 webs free? If you dont mind me asking your site and pics are pretty good!

devon_metro

Established Member
Only prblem i have with fotopic is when i want to view it, pics are either down or the images server is being a pain.

class 313

Established Member
Why? Its excellent so many people use it , and most of it is updated neally all the time ,tom is your 50 webs free? If you dont mind me asking your site and pics are pretty good!

Just cos a lot of people use fotopic doesn't mean its good. A lot of people smoke but its bad...

mbonwick

Established Member
Simple answer semms to be no then!
Found this script which uses python to do the job, but I can't seem to get it to work

Any help would be much appreciated

Established Member
Simple answer semms to be no then!
Found this script which uses python to do the job, but I can't seem to get it to work

Any help would be much appreciated

How dose it back it up? Can anyone find a way to get your pics back after you have re-formatted your computer It bugs me when it happens but dose anyone know how to do it?

T

Tom

I have just bought a 250GB HD for storing all my photos, £49 from dabs.com

RJ

Established Member
Fotopic is brill, excellent support, the search feature is handy and a number of professionals use it.

class 313

Established Member
Fotopic is brill, excellent support, the search feature is handy and a number of professionals use it.

But the compression is ****! And just cos other people use it doesn't mean its great as I explained.

And if you are not lazy than you make a "Search" feature.

RJ

Established Member
If you use premium, you can opt to have the pics up at 100% quality....

mbonwick

Established Member
I realise that, but does anyone seriously have a solution to my problem?

Thanks

RJ

Established Member
Yes, log into your account, go to whichever gallery you want to download pictures from, and click the "download" icon near the top.

mbonwick

Established Member
Except I don't have an account; and I'm not sure I want to be paying for that anyway!

devon_metro

Established Member
I find, People moan at me for not having a fotopic account, but if i wanted the quality to be as good as on my site then i would have to pay.

T

Tom

If fotopic uses a good alorgithm for compression, the file size would be reduced but the image quality would be roughly the same.

Jim

Established Member
I have never had a problem with fotopic, except once when it was down and I needed to do something. Fair enough, it goes down a lot, but think how many people use there servers & how much strain they must come under

class 313

Established Member
I have never had a problem with fotopic, except once when it was down and I needed to do something. Fair enough, it goes down a lot, but think how many people use there servers & how much strain they must come under

Think how many people use photobucket. You cant use that as a reason tbh. If fotopic cant handle the users then maybe it should invest into bigger space...

Status
Not open for further replies.