• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A moan about London Bridge works

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodAtum

On Moderation
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

steamybrian

Established Member
There are still FCC trains to Blackfriars via Herne Hill.
Some Southern trains are diverted to Blackfriars.
Services are running normally to Victoria then catch Circle/District underground or change from FCC train at Elephant & Castle and catch the Northern Line Underground.

GodAtum

On Moderation
Blackfriars is almost twice the distance from London Bridge. For those without travelcards will the tube be free? And anyway the reason why I work there is to avoid taking the tube because it is too crowded.

Tibbs

I just wanted to moan about the works which close the Southern line between 23-31 August. The alternative routes are no use to the many people who work around More London Place. Blackfriars, Mansion House or Monument are a distance from those offices unless you get a bus. Sorry for the rant :roll:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/travel-information/improvements-and-projects/london-bridge-rail-station/london-bridge-upgrade-travel-advice

Would you be happier if the buses had first class? :lol:

GodAtum

On Moderation
Lol. More seriously for those without travelcards can they get the bus and tube via alternative routes?

Keith Jarrett

Remember there's only four working days between the 23rd & 31st.

What's the alternative? Rail Replacement Buses from New Cross Gate - that'll be fun in south London traffic.

Seriously, if the OP is really concerned about not being able to access London Bridge, perhaps he should check with Southern/FCC whether they've made arrangements for season tickets to be passed on buses and/or the tube during the closure. During all the Thameslink disruptions a few years back, both the buses and tube accepted rail tickets for travel between London Bridge/Blackfriars and St Pancras (and Kentish Town or West Hampstead if St Pancras was also shut)

tsr

Established Member
Remember there's only four working days between the 23rd & 31st.

What's the alternative? Rail Replacement Buses from New Cross Gate - that'll be fun in south London traffic.

Seriously, if the OP is really concerned about not being able to access London Bridge, perhaps he should check with Southern/FCC whether they've made arrangements for season tickets to be passed on buses and/or the tube during the closure. During all the Thameslink disruptions a few years back, both the buses and tube accepted rail tickets for travel between London Bridge/Blackfriars and St Pancras (and Kentish Town or West Hampstead if St Pancras was also shut)

Ticket acceptance is available on numerous routes and walking maps will also be made available. I generally find it is rather nicer to walk than use the Tube around the London Bridge area, anyway, though for somewhat longer distances I sometimes don't really have the time.

Southern passengers should read through this page, especially the section at the bottom, for ticket acceptance information:
http://www.southernrailway.com/sout...tive-routes-into-london-from-23-to-31-august/

Main section of importance:
From Saturday 23 August to Sunday 31 August 2014 National Rail tickets will be accepted on any reasonable route on London Overground, First Capital Connect, Southern, Southeastern, South West Trains, London Underground, Tramlink and London Buses.

Blindtraveler

Established Member
I'm far from an expert on London, despite it being one of my favourite citties ever but if theres direct FCC Services running (all be it diverted) Id use them. Failing that, tramlink to Elmers End and Southeasten from there. The above quote suggests to me that both are valid with existing walkup and season tickets during the blockade. ↲

ushawk

Established Member
London Overground to Canada Water and Jubilee Line from there to London Bridge is also an option, but then there are loads of alternatives.

If i remember correctly, you travel from Croydon too, so you shouldnt have issues getting on a LOROL train at West Croydon, though the tube at Canada Water may be a bit busy.

Other options are changing at Clapham Jct for SWT to Waterloo, using the Jubilee Line from there, also the above but then use SE from Waterloo East to London Bridge. Also as mentioned as above, Tramlink to Elmers End then SE to London Bridge.

Tickets are being accepted for pretty much every valid route too.

ushawk

Established Member
Why is London Overground services to New Cross suspended?

Because the units used for this service will be operating an enhanced service between Canada Water and Crystal Palace, since Southern arent running any service North of Norwood Junction.

Status
Not open for further replies.