• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A trainee drivers journey through training with GN

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPADTrap

Established Member
You will be on the DLP programme. You'll be out driving much quicker than I was but you'll be expected to learn rules and regs almost entirely on your own, which I don't envy you for. Ive got mates on TL doing the DLP and their rules knowledge is shocking.

How comforting, I've got to share the metals with them lot! :|:rolleyes:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

purplejonesy

Hi all, i have been given the start date of Feb 14th and have been sent all the contract paperwork to sign and send back.
In terms of ordering the uniform, does anyone actually know how the sizing comes up on the grey drivers tops and the jackets. S, M and L are not the most helpful as different companies have different ideas of what size a Medium actually is.

NewDriver2017

Hi all, i have been given the start date of Feb 14th and have been sent all the contract paperwork to sign and send back.
In terms of ordering the uniform, does anyone actually know how the sizing comes up on the grey drivers tops and the jackets. S, M and L are not the most helpful as different companies have different ideas of what size a Medium actually is.
Congratulations. My advice is to order everything a size up from what you would normally wear. I'm normally a Large but had to get 2XL in the shirts to fit the guns in the sleeves. Anything that doesn't fit can be exchanged within a week normally.

NewDriver2017

Update for anyone still following this...
Now completed 350 hours driving with a minder and I'm sitting my Part C exam next week so fingers crossed I'll have my licence by next Friday. This should give trainees an idea of timescale from start to finish. Most on my intake have been lucky, people just entering the system now should expect it take much longer from what I'm hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.