• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A Week Of Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonathonAG

Hi,

I thought instead of creating new threads every day or two for the photograph trips I've been taking this week, I thought I would sum it all up in one thread at the end of the week. Most of it diesels, as has become usual during the past month or two....but I am officially converting back to my love of steam after this week ends! 8-[

Saturday 19th :

Left to my own accord for a week, I decided to get the train in to Edinburgh for the Trent Scotsman tour featuring two 47's, I had totally forgotten this tour was even running...so was a last minute trip for where I could only access the immediate Waverley area within the departure time sadly....even worse is that for the few minutes either side of railtour departing, a huge black cloud covered Edinburgh.

y6zl0c.jpg

y6zl0e.jpg

y6zl0l.jpg

Monday 21st :

Well, it was a beautiful day....so my first trip of Monday was a cycle down to Dalgety Bay, just a few hours after I had already been in Dalgety Bay for an interview, to get a few shots of the 1H79 Edinburgh - Kieth Royal Scotsman railtour, headed by WCRC Class 47 No. 47804.

yuyl00.jpg

yuyl0z.jpg

The second trip was for some evening shots of the Arriva Cross COuntry service, 9S66, which featured the newly painted Arriva HST Power Car:

yu1g80.jpg

yu1gcf.jpg

yu1gcs.jpg

Thursday 24th:

The last trip was up to Aviemore, to see LOGS BR Standard 4MT No. 80105 at the Strathspey, and also the transfer of the Royal Scotsman from the heritage line on to the mainline. Sadly, another cloud ended up hovering over Aviemore, so I decided to instead follow the Royal Scotsman on it's trip South rather than hang around Aviemore....I'll opt for some more time with steam in the next few weeks:

yu2edg.jpg

yu2edj.jpg

yu2edl.jpg

yu2edt.jpg

Well, that's all from me this week.....the above images plus many more can be found at http://www.jonathonag.fotopic.net , but now I'm calming down for the next week or two....tooo many 47's for my own taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.