• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abellio Greater Anglia Class 755s (Regional Trains)

F Great Eastern

Established Member
Apart from all the ones boarding /alighting at Tottenham Hale for the Victoria Line.

It is an Airport Semi-Fast rather than a real express...

Number of doorways is the main issue though.

And a few getting off at other places which Stansted Express also stops at.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

At Stortford on the down it is going to be a very big gap. It is already a jump off with doors at 1/3 and 2/3. With single door in middle of carriage gap will be huge. I think the 745s come with a retractable step which should solve problem, but not sure how it will take camber into account, to fill gap it will need to point down

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
At Stortford on the down it is going to be a very big gap. It is already a jump off with doors at 1/3 and 2/3. With single door in middle of carriage gap will be huge. I think the 745s come with a retractable step which should solve problem, but not sure how it will take camber into account, to fill gap it will need to point down

Most of the doors aren't in the middle, they are at either the 1/3 or 2/3 position (but not both), possibly for that reason. The step only comes out straight, but will still make a difference.

mmh

Established Member
Most of the doors aren't in the middle, they are at either the 1/3 or 2/3 position (but not both), possibly for that reason. The step only comes out straight, but will still make a difference.

Which in combination with the shorter carriages might mean the gap will be smaller than now.

I think I need a lie down, I've been positive about the Flirts! :)

Railperf

Established Member
There are a pair of 755s waiting at Dolland Moor with a 66 in attendance presumably ready to be hauled to Norwich imminently..

dp21

There are a pair of 755s waiting at Dolland Moor with a 66 in attendance presumably ready to be hauled to Norwich imminently..

Won't be until Thursday at the earliest. That's when the paths are.

trebor79

Established Member
Saw one come through Attleborough this morning whilst sat at the level crossing. First time I've seen one in the flesh and although it was only a fleeting view, I thought it looked even smarter in the flesh that in photographs.

LAX54

Established Member
2 x 755's coming to Norwich tomorrow (4th) the normal 5Q99 schedule

pilp

2 x 755's coming to Norwich tomorrow (4th) the normal 5Q99 schedule
Hi,
I'm new to all this so please be gentle. What does the 5Q99 schedule refer to, I live close to the line and was hoping to go and have a look as it whizzed past. So Im trying to find out the timetable for this train.

Many Thanks

Malan

Hi,
I'm new to all this so please be gentle. What does the 5Q99 schedule refer to, I live close to the line and was hoping to go and have a look as it whizzed past. So Im trying to find out the timetable for this train.

Many Thanks
This is the times on Realtime trains and, providing it does run as expected, will be updated during the journey (see Realtime column).
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/H37118/2019/04/04/advanced
Note that actual timings can vary quite a lot from those scheduled.
Once you get used to Realtime trains you can spend a lot of time looking at it!!

rdlover777

finally nice to hear about more 755s arriving, but i thought Norwich Crown Point was full now that the 745/1 arrived

TheEdge

Established Member
finally nice to hear about more 755s arriving, but i thought Norwich Crown Point was full now that the 745/1 arrived

Well there are the new sidings (when they open), relayed sidings at Victoria Sidings and then facilities on the Mid Norfolk.

dk1

Veteran Member
Bet they get vandalised there.
No expense will be spared on security fencing & illumination same as Wensum sidings & MNR. Only issue with Victoria is that crews will need to be taxied constantly & there are no facilities. This was the reason it wasn't used as a CET base when first planned.

38Cto15E

I am afraid that I have no knowledge of the MNR, how many coaches will be able to be stored there?
I assume that GA will have to store many sets before they can roll the 745's and 755's out en block.

rdlover777

speaking of the 775s, the two that arrived at norwich today are units 409 and 410, what happened to 401 - 404? we have now, 405, 506, 407, 408, 409 and 410