• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abellio Trainee Depot Drivers - Ilford, Colchester and Clacton*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magoo

I started earlier this year.

I wouldn't put anyone off applying! I know Ive not got automatic promotion rights but I one day hope to go main line. The general consensus is keep your nose clean and you'll stand a good chance (obviously no guarantees though).

On another point I'm far enough into training now to understand everyone a usernames, looking at you MrPic and PanUpReset.

Good luck anyone applying.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DunfordBridge

10:1 you don't get a reply bud. I've emailed AGA 3 times without a single response. I phoned the head office, explained that I had sent numerous emails and asked if I could be put through to HR. I was put through to the automated 0800 number asking me if I wanted option A) Tickets for travel today , option B) Tickets for travel tomorrow or thereafter , option C) Timetable information etc etc. In other words, fobbed off. I hope you get a better response.

Your experience sounds worse than mine back in 2014/15. Personally, unless you live in their catchment area, I would not be inclined to bother with this bunch. The only redeeming feature in my eyes is that you get your application scored.

Obviously it has never occurred to this team that as an applicant, you may also be a member of the travelling public and conduct like this is hardly going to convince applicants to leave their cars at home and catch the train.

I seem to remember having a negative experience with Gillette when I was seeking graduate employment in my youth. I have no idea what it was, as it was twenty years ago, but I have not purchased their products ever since.

TJJ5621

I put my application in last week. Have just finished the online assessments. I'm oddly nervous about this.

Does anybody know whether the trainee salary increases once qualified? It's one of those questions only the brave dare to ask if they reach interview stage. Haha

332 > 444

So abellio do online assessment now, 6 months ago that wasn't the case. What type of assessments, like LOROL/MTR do?

mresh91

So abellio do online assessment now, 6 months ago that wasn't the case. What type of assessments, like LOROL/MTR do?

It's just a SJT test, choose the best option from 3/4 possible answers. Scenarios are obviously railway based.

Anyway, got an update today: no assessment invite for me. Application placed on hold for the next six months due to to large volume of applicants. Oh well, I can strike Abellio 2016 off the list then.. plotting on Abellio* 2017 already.

Good new for anyone else out there?

*TBD

Last edited:

montex

Same message for me. I get the feeling they've changed their minds about recruiting, not that I know much about this, I just know it's going to take time.

TheBusDriver

It's just a SJT test, choose the best option from 3/4 possible answers. Scenarios are obviously railway based.

Anyway, got an update today: no assessment invite for me. Application placed on hold for the next six months due to to large volume of applicants. Oh well, I can strike Abellio 2016 off the list then.. plotting on Abellio* 2017 already.

Good new for anyone else out there?

*TBD

Got the same email. Application on hold. Is this a nice way for them to tell us they don't want us?

mresh91

If it was a rejection they would've told us outright, as I found out last year. Mind you they didn't have the online assessment in place last year. It could mean only the highest scoring applicants are being put through to the assessments. Or that they've put recruitment for this vacancy on hold? Only speculating on the last point though, could be wildly off the mark. :)

RyanE1991

Also received the same email today, application on hold for 6 months. Doesn't sound like an outright no though which is definitely a start.

My application not on hold, assesments next week, think they've got more than enough applications from us internals. I wish you all good luck next time around!

montex

I'm external and got the six month suspension email. Seems a strange way to go about recruiting people, they could've just advertised internally.

Boiliee

I have applied for this post and have previous assessment scores that are valid, I have been sent an email with nothing other than a 'BOOMERANG' app on it with no description attached. Can someone please shed some light for me ??

Just for the reference of those of you who didn't make it to the assesments, there were 14 people on my day, 8 were external applicants so it seems several externals did make it through.

Don't ask how or why though ??????

mresh91

Well it seems things are moving again, anyone get an assessment invite? Good luck to those who did!

Dutton165

Well it seems things are moving again, anyone get an assessment invite? Good luck to those who did!

I am very late to this party, but just out of interest, please could you confirm if Albelio advertised this position on their website? I have looked at the original link on the thread, but just wanted to double check for clarity.

mresh91

I am very late to this party, but just out of interest, please could you confirm if Albelio advertised this position on their website? I have looked at the original link on the thread, but just wanted to double check for clarity.

Yes it was advertised on their vacancies website in May. Applicants were put on hold a few months back as not everyone could be invited to assessments, but things have started moving again and people are being contacted about assessment centers.

Dutton165

Yes it was advertised on their vacancies website in May. Applicants were put on hold a few months back as not everyone could be invited to assessments, but things have started moving again and people are being contacted about assessment centers.

Thank you for the confirmation, it is good to know these vacancies do get advertised externally. Hopefully it won't be too long until the next time.

Good luck to you and everyone else going through to the assessment centre, hopefully you all enjoy the experience!

TheBusDriver

Today i was invited to an assessment day.

Thank you for completing the online assessment for the Trainee Driver position earlier this year. Your application has been on hold and we would now like to invite you to complete the Stage 1 Train Driver Assessments.

We are holding an assessment day near Liverpool Street station next Wednesday 2nd November. If you are still interested in the Trainee Driver position and would like to attend the assessment day, please let me know and I will send you an email with all the details to book yourself on.

Has anyone else had an invite?

I am now researching for all the training materials i can find. Any guidance really appreciated!!

TheEdge

Established Member
I am now researching for all the training materials i can find. Any guidance really appreciated!!

Its the standard suite of psychometric tests. GBT (the dots), comprehension, counting tones, the various coordination and reaction tests and the structured interview.

You may find that the computer based tests (coordination and reaction) and interview will be done on a separate day.

Status
Not open for further replies.