• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Accessible toilet in light rail vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

slipdigby

Posting here rather than in light rail as I suspect this definitely fits in with international, rather than UK experience!

Has anyone any experience of any operators anywhere attempting to fit an accessible toilet within the confines of a tram-train vehicle? I've had a scout about, and note that whilst the Chemnitz Citylink vehicles do have a toilet fitted, it is in the centre car and definitely not useable with a wheelchair!

I suspect I already know the answer to this, but TIA!
Slip

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

U-Bahnfreund

The tram-train vehicles in Karlsruhe have toilets, but no idea of these are accessible toilets.
The existing ones aren't, but the new VDV Stadler Tram-Train fleet recently ordered will have an accessible one. Very hard to fit in a tram, basically one third of the tram between the doors will only be the toilet and a very narrow path next to it.

Last edited:

slipdigby

The existing ones aren't, but the VDV Tram-Train fleet recently ordered will have an accessible one. Very hard to fit in a tram, basically one third of the tram between the doors will only be the toilet and a very narrow path next to it.
Cheers! Will keep an eye out for these breaking cover in the next year or so.

Many thanks again,
Slip

Status
Not open for further replies.