• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Acoustics - From a Non-sound Persons Point of View

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heinz57

This has got me thinking a little.

I beleive acoustics* to be a very important factor of any building, more so in entertainment venues, like theatres. But as a sound guy, maybe its a little biased. So I thought it interesting to hear it from your point of view.

So to the non-sound folk. How important are acoustics for you? Do you beleive good acoustics to be important within buildings? How much do you realy notice this? Particularly in theatres etc.

Adding on to this, if you was a group leader from an amature dramatics society (maybe some of you are?), and you was hiring a venue. Would you want it to have good acoustics, is this something you would look out for?

I look forward to hearing what you think.

Heinz

*Just in case you are unsure what acoustics are, a basic definition would be how a sound behaves within a space, and how good it is.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SS4

Established Member
Acoustics definitely add if done right - anyone who's listened to wish you were here will know that it sounds a lot better in stereo.
I'm no expert but it's definitely something I recognise if it's off but couldn't say if there was much difference between good and very good if you catch my drift.

Unfortunately when it comes to sound the phenomenon I end up using most is the inverse square law escaping from "artists" which have bass and only bass

Heinz57

Interesting, yeah it deffinatly adds if done correctly.

Unfortinatly quite often they arn't, there are a lot of places that have poor acoustics, take the Albert Hall for instance in London, shockingly poor acoustics in there.

Yeah a lot of musicians just want nothing but bass.

Status
Not open for further replies.