• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Action for rail - get involved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyvern

Established Member
http://actionforrail.org/

Conrtribute to the Facebook page.

Public Meetings on 31 May

Andover 7.30pm – Andover Guild Hall, High Street, Andover
Battersea & Wandworth 6.30pm – The Bread & Roses, 68 Clapham Street
Barnstaple 7.00pm – Castle Centre, Barnstaple, EX31 1DR
Blackburn 7.30pm – Blackburn Central Library, Town Hall Street, BB2 1AG
Bristol 7.00pm – Council House, College Green, Bristol
Cardiff 7.00pm – Unite Offices, 1 Cathedral Road, Cardiff, CF11 9SD
Liverpool 7.00pm – Unite Offices, Jack Jones House, 2 Churchill Way, Liverpool, L3 8EF
Southend 7.30pm – Southend Central Library, Victoria Avenue, SS2 6EX

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Oliver

It's worth noting that this group is supported by the railway unions, not best known for putting passengers interests first. The website gives no details of the organisation, its source of funds, or contact details.

Wyvern

Established Member
It does have the logos of the four unions plus the TUC at the bottom, though I agree they dont stand out. They presumably expect people to use either their Facebook or Twitter pages.

It seems to me that there is much common ground for rail staff and passengers.

michael769

Established Member
It's worth noting that this group is supported by the railway unions, not best known for putting passengers interests first. The website gives no details of the organisation, its source of funds, or contact details.

Indeed. And no indication of the individuals behind the campaign either.

It might just be poor design and organisation - but it is hard to take a campaign seriously when the organizers want to hide behind an apparently anonymous website. It just feels like they don't want to be associated with their own campaign - and I have to wonder what they are ashamed of?

If they want to be taken seriously by the public they will need to up their game presentation wise.

Wath Yard

It seems to me that there is much common ground for rail staff and passengers.

Really? Although there may be common ground between some workers and passengers there isn't much between unions and passengers. The unions may witter on about providing a public service and safety, etc, etc, but they care about their members (which is fair enough becasuse that's what they're for), not passengers.

Status
Not open for further replies.