• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advance combination question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marton

The Manual (FRPP) now has a section called Advance Fare FAQs (under ticket Validities). I thought I would share the often asked ones on here for the benefit of everyone, others are basically acknowledged as the case anyway and have been edited out. It was added on 30/06/2011
Sorry to re-open this, but I have a question about split open/off peak tickets.

I travel from A to E using split tickets [not advance] A to B [off peak] and B to E [open return] as this saves 1/3 of the A to E fare.

I have to change at B or C and then D.

If the train is late arriving at B or C and I miss the connection which gets to D for either the last train or leave me with 2 hours to the next train what rights do I have?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SS4

Established Member
Sorry to re-open this, but I have a question about split open/off peak tickets.

I travel from A to E using split tickets [not advance] A to B [off peak] and B to E [open return] as this saves 1/3 of the A to E fare.

I have to change at B or C and then D.

If the train is late arriving at B or C and I miss the connection which gets to D for either the last train or leave me with 2 hours to the next train what rights do I have?

It's treated as one journey and the TOC concerned has a responsibility to get you to your destination. Often it'll be the next available train (with compensation as appropriate) or, in the case of missing the last train, they'll put you up for the night or get you home by other means (taxi, replacement bus)

If this relates to a real journey then please post a new thread about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.