Advance ticket availability with regards to the Advance fares calendar

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by block6panger, 20 Apr 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. block6panger

block6panger Member

Afternoon. I'm looking to go from London to Chester on July 10th, returning the 12th, both in the early afternoon.

Now, the calendars on Virgin, National Rail and the trainline all state that advance tickets should not be on sale just yet, however they are (at a slightly higher price than I would have anticipated).

I have read before on this forum that people have bought advance tickets, only to see the price come down, with no right of a partial refund.

I suppose the question is, will the price come down and should I gamble and wait until the calendar changes? Or, should I purchase them asap?

Thanks in advance all.

2. Clip

Clip Established Member

The calendar only states the AP fares are not available. The fares that are are the walk up fares and are there at every fares change.

3. block6panger

block6panger Member

AP fares are very much available... At the higher end all afternoon mind

4. alistairstubbs

alistairstubbs Member

I have found that the advanced fares are released on a daily basis but the calendars are not updated as frequently. I can see that VT has released the advanced fares for the dates you want to travel. I very much doubt that fares will go down now.

5. Clip

Clip Established Member

Ahh I see what the problem is - my desk calendar still says March :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.