• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advance ticket for train now removed from next week’s timetable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skimpot flyer

Established Member
As per the title, I have an advance ticket purchased several weeks ago for a journey from Brighton to London this coming Tuesday.
It is for specific trains, as follows

09:44 (Thameslink) Brighton to Burgess Hill
10:06 (Southern) Burgess Hill to London Victoria

The Thameslink train has disappeared from next week’s timetable!

What are my options? Can I claim a fee-free refund? The ticket cost was £6, so pointless to claim a refund if I incur a £10 admin fee!

Also, if I take the next available Thameslink train at 09:58, and connect with the next Southern train at Burgess Hill, I’ll be delayed by over 30 minutes but be unable to claim delay repay, I assume?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
As per the title, I have an advance ticket purchased several weeks ago for a journey from Brighton to London this coming Tuesday.
It is for specific trains, as follows

09:44 (Thameslink) Brighton to Burgess Hill
10:06 (Southern) Burgess Hill to London Victoria

The Thameslink train has disappeared from next week’s timetable!

What are my options? Can I claim a fee-free refund? The ticket cost was £6, so pointless to claim a refund if I incur a £10 admin fee!

Also, if I take the next available Thameslink train at 09:58, and connect with the next Southern train at Burgess Hill, I’ll be delayed by over 30 minutes but be unable to claim delay repay, I assume?
Your options are to claim a fee-free refund (there is no admin fee if you are claiming a refund due to a cancellation or delay), or to travel on the previous or next train(s) that comply with your ticket's restrictions.

Your ticket will presumably be routed "AP TL & SN ONLY", so there should be no problem with you using it on the 09:39 Southern service from Brighton all the way through to Victoria, which is the preceding train to your booked one.

If you catch a later train, you're likely to find any Delay Repay claim you make is (wrongly) rejected, so if you don't mind leaving 5 minutes earlier, for the sake of an easy life I'd just go for the 09:39.

Skimpot flyer

Established Member
Many thanks.
I'll just travel on the 09:39 and hope there are no issues with my doing so

Status
Not open for further replies.