• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

"Advance Ticket" question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee_Again

Hi,

I have purchased a 1st Adv from Cardiff to Stevenage. The Cardiff to London leg comes with the statutory reservation. However, the leg from Kings Cross to Stevenage doesn't. My question is, is the ticket valid on East Coast?

I am presuming it is. If it is, how far up the East Coast could one travel before the service must be a 'specified' service.

The thing with Stevenage is that FCC don't do reservations, obviously, where as East Coast do. My outward trip, for what it's worth, included a reservation on an East Coast service.

Being a Sunday I got a slightly earlier FCC train and when asked to show my ticket I was not asked for a reservation, yet my ticket is only valid on the specified service (which technically I was not on - but how would they know??). So more generally, what are the rules about 'add-ons' to the main trip and when does an 'add-on' actually become part of the trip.

Also, I understand that there is a 2 hour limit on the Kings Cross to Stevenage leg. i.e arrival time at Paddington plus minimum connection time plus 2 hours. Is this true?

Sorry for the barage of questions but I was bored on the FGW to Cardiff and the mind starting wondering!! :D

Thank you,
Lee

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.